Funded by: International Fund for Agricultural Development – IFAD
Partner: International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas – ICARDA
In the frame of IFAD funded SKiM Project (https://mel.cgiar.org/projects/skim), CIHEAM Bari, in collaboration with ICARDA and with the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), organized a virtual one-week training from 29 June to 3rd of June, due to Covid-19 emergency. This virtual training week was a starting point for sharing, using, and managing the knowledge, information and experiences created by the partners involved in the project specific modules.
The Course is organized as open access course by CIHEAM Bari in order to give the possibility to a larger number of officers from the three target countries (Marocco, Moldoca,Sudan) to have access to the material. Besides, it will ensure the reuse of the material by the national partners even after the project completion by the stakeholders.
The learning path is organized in 4 modules and each module contains sessions with short description/contents and multimedia material.
Name of the project
Strengthening Knowledge Management for Greater Development Effectiveness in the Near East, North Africa, Central Asia and Europe
Objectives of the project
The objectives of this work include:
- assessing capacity and enhancing knowledge management skills of key rural institutions and other stakeholders in Moldova, Morocco, Sudan (with the possibility of adding two more countries); and
- fostering and promoting knowledge exchange in-country, cross-country and across trans-regional partners to foster knowledge uptake, transfer and management
- Improved understanding of KM capacities of the key rural institutions in 3 (+2) target countries in the NEN region
- Effective learning systems established and embedded in organizational processes with strengthened human and institutional capacities to manage the systematization of good practices
- Improved knowledge exchanges among stakeholders based on increased adoption of good practices and knowledge transfer for increased SSTC, replication and scaling up.
Module 1 | SKIM project: pillars, partners and outputs
This module contains 3 sessions:
- SKiM Knowledge Pillars and 2019 overview
- Virtual visits to the SKiM partners
- Project outputs: Capacity Development and Innovation Plans
Module 2 | Communication tools
This module contains 2 sessions:
Module 3 | KM towards ICT and RTA based tools
It contains 5 sessions regarding:
- Knowledge management towards ICT based tools
- E-learning and remote technical assistance
- KM tools across project institutions: Moldova, Morocco, and Sudan
- KM portal: How to Use it, Why to Use It?
- IFAD rural solution portal
Module 4 | Innovation Models and Organizations
It contains 4 sessions: